After being on vacation last week, we are back to regularly scheduled blogs!
My parents and I went down to Branson, MO for the week and spent some time hanging out with some of my extended family. It was wonderfully relaxing and so, so fun to spend lots of quality time with everybody. Here are some pictures from our adventures!
Since the last time I blogged, here are some TAPIF/life updates:
- I found out there is going to be another assistant (German) at my high school! After thinking I would be alone, this came as a huge surprise that I am so, so excited for. I am looking forward to getting to know her better in the upcoming weeks.
- I finished the first of four courses on the route to receiving my TESOL Certificate. I am really enjoying the program so far and I feel like I’ve learned a lot! I am waiting to see if I receive financial aid before continuing on to the next course. I hope that at this rate, I’ll have my certification by the end of November at the latest.
- I did my first packing run-through and EVERYTHING FIT 😀 Now, I don’t know if my bag is under the weight limit, but I can figure that out later.
- I’ve been procrastinating on my lesson planning/research/Powerpoint creation. I know what the focus of some of my classes will be for the first few months, I just can’t find the motivation to start working. I’ll get to it eventually…
- I also really should brush up on my French. I think that will be next week’s goal 🙂
Thanks for reading to the end and check back next week for more!
Until next time,