Holy moly, I can’t believe it’s already November! This semester is absolutely flying by – we’re 11 weeks down and only 5 to go. Even better, Thanksgiving break is a mere two weeks away and I leave for France in 45 (!!!) days ❤
I’m a few days late with my November goals blog update, but a little bit late is better than never. Please enjoy a recap of my October goals and my new November goals 🙂
October Goals – Recap
- Run 4 treadmill 5ks with 10:00/mile pace [X]
- Woohoo, I did it! I’m pretty happy with myself for completing this goal. I still want to increase my endurance and stamina, but like I said last time, it’s all about baby steps.
- No phone between 10pm and 7am [X]
- Somehow, I was able to complete this goal successfully, which I’m also pretty pleased about.
- Read one book for fun [X]
- I read A Path Appears by Nicholas Kristoff and Sheryll WuDunn – oh my lanta, every single person should read this book! It was incredible!
- Don’t skip church or Bible study this month
- I was so close at successfully completing this goal.
- Settle into a solid daily/weekly routine [X]
- At about the 8-week mark, I can confidently say that I was able to settle into a good/solid routine for school, work, and homework.
- Stay on top of my readings and notes [X]
- Settling into a routine has really helped alleviate the stress of doing this
- Get one thing done for each of my final projects each week [X]
- Woot, woot! Evidently, mapping out all my assignments was more helpful than I imagined it to be because it has motivated me to get as much done as possible before Thanksgiving break so that I can fully enjoy and relax during my week at home. I’m about 90% done with two of my final projects, 60% done with one class, and 50% done with the last one. Not too shabby if I do say so myself!
- Balance my budget 1x/week [X]
- Pay loans and rent on time [X]
- Only pay in cash
- Oh, again with the so close thing. While I mostly paid with cash, I did have to use my card a few times for meals/coffee with friends. However, I didn’t buy anything that wasn’t food or personal care related, which is a win in my book 🙂
- Meditate every day, not just on weekdays
- Run 56 miles
- I know this seems like a lot, but I’ve got a plan and I’m also giving myself until I leave for France to complete this goal. I’m planning on running: one 6-miler, two 5-milers, three 4-milers, four 3-milers, five 2-milers, and six 1-milers.
- Read 3 books for fun this month
- With Thanksgiving break just around the corner, I should have more time to read than normal. I started reading Love Does by Bob Goff a few days ago (amazing so far!) and I really want to read the new Brené Brown novel as soon as it comes out. If anyone has a fun, YA novel that they’re loving, please let me know
- Get those final papers and projects done
- Pay rent/loans/credit cards on time
- Write more than one blog post this month
- Only pay with my credit card this month and don’t exceed a set amount of dollars
- Normally, I hate using my credit cards because using real money keeps me more accountable at staying on budget. However, with Christmas present purchasing season approaching, I figured it would be a good time to challenge myself to only use my card and stay within a budget at the same time
1.) In my last recap post, I gave an update that I would potentially be able to study abroad this summer. Well, I had my interview and I got the approval to sign up for the trip! Given that the trip won’t be 100% “a go” until February, I’m going to wait until then to disclose the details. I’m really, really excited though 🙂
Besides that, I don’t really have any major life updates to give! I didn’t take too many photos this month, but please enjoy the few I did take 🙂
Thanks for reading and check back soon for more.
Until next time,