Bonjour, salut, coucou!
I feel as though it has been forever since I posted something that wasn’t a poem, pictures, or a mixture of the two, but after a nice little blogging hiatus in July, we are back to regularly scheduled programming.
In a truly Michaela fashion, of course I have to ‘break my fast’ with none other than a “Grad School Goals” post!
I simply cannot believe that the summer is already over and back to school season is already upon us. It feels like yesterday that I was hopping on a plane to Greece for my study abroad program, and then I blinked and I am starting my final semester (!!) of my Master’s program. Dang, does time fly!
This semester, I am going to try something a little different on the blog and I am stating it here so that I will be held accountable. Last year, I fell into the habit of only posting my “Grad School Goals” posts…aka, sometimes only blogging once a month. This semester, however, I am going to challenge myself to post once a week. I think this is going to push me to be more creative with my writing, in addition to making whatever content I create to be more diverse. Wish me luck, people 🙂
Okay, back to the whole reason I’m writing the blog – it is time for my first “Grad School Goals” post of the semester. As of today (Aug 16th) I have officially started my field placement at the Illinois Leadership Center (ILC), so it’s time to start working toward a new set of goals.
- Be a “knowledge-sponge”
- Get into a good schedule/routine with my internship/job/church/social life/etc.
(2) Health & Wellness
- Complete the #100GluteChallenge (once in August and then again in September!)
- Hit a 7:50 mile at least three times and a 7:45 mile at least twice
- Complete 10 [good] knee pushups
- Make all payments (rent/credit cards/loans) on time
- Spend less than $250 on groceries/food for the next six weeks
- Read at least two books for fun
- Sleep with my phone in another room and/or keep my phone turned off from 10pm to 7am.
Thanks for reading and check back soon for more!
Until next time,