The days are getting shorter and the weather is getting colder; autumn is most definitely upon us in Illinois. Somehow, the last twelve weeks have passed in the blink of an eye and there are a mere six weeks left until graduation…ready or not, post-grad life is approaching (p.s. I’m not ready).
Thankfully, I’ve still got a little bit of time before I have to worry about all those adulting things! In the meantime, here’s an update on my October goals and a fresh list of goals for the month of November.
Grad School Goals: October
- Push through my online class (aka the bane of my final-semester-in-school existence) [X]
- It’s been hard and I have done my fair share of procrastinating (is senioritis a thing in grad school??), but I’ve got it done
- Apply to one job/week and stay organized with it [X]
- I’m learning to love my Excel spreadsheets and my intense desire for my files and folders is coming in handy during this season.
- Revamp my LinkedIn page [X]
- While it’s nothing to write home about, it looks MILES better than it did in the beginning of October
(2) Health & Wellness
- 10 minute isolated ab or glute workout everyday
- Can’t really say I did this..my devotion to this goal was pretty minimal from the get go.
- Hit the 26 minute 5K
- I still have not gotten there, but I have been trying!
- Make all payments (rent/credit cards/loans) on time [X]
- If you know, you know
- Find balance in my spending habits [X]
- I enjoy this fresh perspective on finances that I have somehow acquired over the past year of my life. I’m not going crazy, but I’ve loosened my reigns on how frugal I tried to be during my undergrad
- Tithe for each paycheck this month [X]
- I’m so happy I did this! I’ve grown up learning about tithing and seeing the offering get passed along in church, but now that I finally understand the “why” behind it all, I actually look forward to tithing.
- Read 3 books for fun
- Big fat fail. I only read one book (The Last Arrow by Erwin McManus) but it was pretty good!
- Just breathe and enjoy this season of life [X]
- I’m not perfect, but I am so much more grounded and present than I was a year ago and that is a huge blessing.
Grad School Goals: November
- Keep applying to jobs and keeping it organized- at least one job a week for the rest of the semester
- Finish my online class strong (we are in the home stretch!!)
(2) Health & Wellness
- Do 10 pushups every day (it’s time to hunker down)
- Run at least 30 miles this month
- Tithe 10% of each paycheck
- Pay all cards/loans/rent on time
- Hit my loan repayment money goal for 2019 (!!)
- Read three books for fun (I have no excuses with Thanksgiving break approaching)
- Journal for 5 minutes every day
As far as updates go, I don’t have too many. I am enjoying my last semester of grad school and trying my hardest to soak it all in. I’m trying my hardest to find a job and even though I’ve had a few doors closed on me, I know that the door God will open for me is just around the corner. Life is good.
Thanks for reading and check back soon for more.
Until next time,