I never thought I’d see the day – here we are at the very last Grad School Goals post. I graduate (!!) in less than 14 days (!!!) and then two days later I am off to France for a much needed (and dare I say deserved?) break. Cheers to the next 14 days of hustling – pray that I’ll make it through in one piece, please.
Grad School Goals: November
- Keep applying to jobs and keeping it organized- at least one job a week for the rest of the semester [X]
- We did it!!
- Finish my online class strong (we are in the home stretch!!) [X]
- I only have two weeks left and three more things to do and I could not be more excited to be done with it all!!
(2) Health & Wellness
- Do 10 push ups every day (it’s time to hunker down) [X]
- Okay, I didn’t do them every day, but I did do them 23/30 days this month, which is pretty good. My form is getting a lot better but I am still doing them on my knees, so I have a long way to go until I successfully transition to legit push ups.
- Run at least 30 miles this month
- I did run some (I made it to 23 miles), but I didn’t reach 30. I didn’t put the time change/freezing weather into consideration when making this goal given that I do all my running outdoors. If I had access to a gym/a treadmill, I definitely think I would have made it.
- Tithe 10% of each paycheck [X]
- Pay all cards/loans/rent on time [X]
- Hit my loan repayment money goal for 2019 (!!) [X]
- Dang, I am honestly a bit surprised that I did it, and that I did it with a month to spare. I have some big goals in the works for 2020 in regard to loan repayment, so let’s see where next year takes me.
- Read three books for fun (I have no excuses with Thanksgiving break approaching) [X]
- I read: Les Miserables by Victor Hugo, The Five Dysfunctions of a Team by Patrick Lencioni, and Translating God by Shawn Bolz
- Journal for 5 minutes every day [X]
- Wow, I am actually so happy I made this a goal because it has been really good for me. I only missed three days in November but I am carrying this goal out with me for the rest of the year.
Grad School Goals: December
(1) Do the dang thing
Do I have a list of actual goals in my bullet journal? Yes. But for all intents and purposes, I am summing it up for the blog as “do the dang thing”. Finish the semester and the year out strong.
As far as updates go, I’ll just say that those are to come 🙂 I’m starting to hear back from jobs I’ve applied for over the course of this semester, so hopefully I’ll have a very exciting update in that regard in the next couple of weeks.
Thanks for reading and check back soon for more.
Until next time,