This goes without being said, but 2020 is turning out to be a roller coaster of a year.
I took a few weeks off from blogging because, to be honest, I just wasn’t feeling it. I had made it my goal to write a blog once a week in 2020, but with my motivation, creativity, and efforts all being directed toward my paid, part-time gigs, my blog fell by the wayside. However, I did get me thinking about my 2020 goals and intentions. They were crafted before the chaos of this year and many of them involve doing things that we just can’t do right now (e.g. traveling). Therefore, I decided to revisit and recreate my goals and intentions for 2020. Embracing the change, instead of fighting against it, seems to be the best course of action – not just in these crazy times, but always.
2020 Goals and Intentions (Revisited)
- Get a full time job
- Get a tattoo
- Stay involved with my church and small group
- Spend intentional time outdoors
- Read 52 books this year (I’m on track for this thus far, so I am going for it!)
- Journal everyday
- Blog as often as I can (hopefully 1x week)
- Work on writing poetry
Health & Wellness
- Run a 7:30 min/mile
- Rune a 7:00 min/mile
- Do 10 good pushups
- Increase my flexibility/practice yoga
- Double the balance in my Acorns account (the retirement side, not the investments side)
- Increase the amount in my emergency fund from 3 months’ coverage to 6 months’ coverage
- Have a “paid off balance” in my student loan account that equates to approximately 1/4 of my total balance
- Tithe 10% of all paychecks
While they aren’t VASTLY different than before, they feel much more attainable then my previous goals. I’m excited to see what my progress looks like over the next few months!
Thanks for reading and check back soon for more.
Until next time (stay well),