I was puzzled over what to blog about this week (motivation and inspiration are running near empty, folks), but then I saw that Rebecca from Rebecca Goes Rendezvous posted a “My Five Things” post and thought it would be fun to partake! I read that this post was inspired by #MILLENNIALLIFECRISIS (I’d never heard of this blog, but it looks like she has some pretty cool content!), so my adaption to this post is a mix between both their style of posts. Please enjoy!
Five Things That Have Been Getting Me Through Quarantine
- Jesus – I’ll be the first to admit there is no way I’d be handling the chaos and uncertainty of this time with any inkling of peace without Him. Thanks, God!
- Yoga with Adriene – I. Am. OBSESSED. With. This. Woman. I love her style and attitude about the practice, and her series are challenging but not impossible.
- Puzzles – We have become quite the stereotypical puzzle family during the quarantine and I’m not mad about it.
- Netflix – Let me just say I’m thankful my goal wasn’t to limit Netflix in 2020 like it was in 2019.
- The ability to create my own schedule – I am very thankful for the smaller, part-time jobs I’ve been able to keep over these last three months because they allow me to create my own schedule and essentially work when it’s convenient/I feel like it. I know I am going to miss this flexibility when I am eventually employed in a full-time, 9-5 position.
Four Blogs That Are Worth Checking Out
(It’s supposed to be five, but I simply don’t follow that many blogs, tbh)
- Simply Taralynn – A lifestyle blogger I have followed since her days on Tumblr
- Rebecca Goes Rendezvous – I actually don’t follow that many active blogs on WordPress, but I’ve followed Rebecca since my pre-TAPIF departure and she remains a favorite years later
- Croissants & Conjugations – I am obsessed with Jessica and her blog. She constantly has me dreaming of la vie française.
- La Cuisine de Pauline – There’s no way I could write this post without giving the blog of my beautiful belle-sœur a shout-out 🙂 je t’aime !
Five YouTube Channels That I Enjoy Watching
- Man + River – This is probably the most bizarre YouTube channel that I am, for some reason, strangely obsessed with. He (Dallas) is a free diver/scuba driver who, with the help of his trusty metal detector, looks for treasures (for lack of a better word) in lakes, oceans, rivers, etc. Don’t knock it till you watch it.
- The Financial Diet – Chelsea is amazing and I have learned so much about personal finances from TFD.
- Cut – My guilty pleasure. If I’m in the mood for funny/potentially mindless YouTube, this is my go-to
- Michelle Reed – I love her content! As a woman of God, I think she brings something special to her YouTube content as she explores post-grad, young adulthood life
- Brooke Miccio – I started following her when she was a “college vlogger”, but I just love her realness and relatability, so her content is definitely a go-to for me.
Five Podcasts I Love
- The Daily
- Pretty Basic
- The Next Right Thing
- Gals on the Go
- What We Said
Honorable mentions include Thick & Thin, Happy Hour, Clever Girls Know, The Health Code, and But What’s Next…I really love podcasts 🙂
Five Foods That I Love (Quarantine Edition)
- Grapes & Goldfish – I’m not really sure what inspired me to eat these together one day, but this combo is my new strange obsession
- Peanut butter & banana roll-ups – This is probably the most White, American thing I could ever eat, but mashed banana and peanut butter spread on a tortilla, rolled up like a burrito…***chef’s kisses***
- Apples – Always a favorite
- Veggies with homemade ranch dressing – Normally, I despise ranch dressing, but my sister recently made a homemade version and my mind has been forever changed
- Egg Taco – Honestly, this is a creation I found on TikTok (don’t judge), and it is absolute fire.
Five Places I’m Dreaming Of Visiting When It’s Safe to Travel Again
I just wrote a blog post all about my updated travel bucket list (you can find that here). But here are five more places that deserve a spot on the bucket list.
- Prague, Czech Republic
- Beirut, Lebanon
Five Things I Want For The World
- Increased global literacy
- Gender equality
Thanks for reading and check back soon for more.
Until next time,